What Type of Water Damage Situations in Norwich Does SERVPRO Handle?
Water damage may come from many different reasons. SERVPRO techs are ready 24/7 365 days a year for any size disaster.
No Water Damage Catastrophe in Norwich is Too Big for Our Technicians
Residential homes can experience many types of water damage. The source of the water intrusion and the extent of the problem determines the equipment and technique used in the water restoration process.
Leading Causes of Water Intrusion in Homes
Water intrusions of any size can cause water damage to Norwich homes. If left untreated, it can lead to secondary damage such as mold. Our IICRC techs work hard to provide water damage remediation when something happens. Typical water removal situations in Norwich include:
- Overflow from Water Fixtures – This could be from a pipe or faucet. Fixtures that do not release huge amounts of water.
- Basement Flooding – Seepage and broken pipes can lead to basement flooding.
- Single Room Flooding – Many variables come into play with water damage cleanup, including room size and water depth.
- Home Flooding – This is typically the result of a catastrophe like flooding due to a storm.
Powerful Tools for Powerful Water Remediation
SERVPRO techs handle each of these circumstances with specific water removal techniques. One thing they all have in common is the need for immediate mitigation. Water-related services we provide include:
- Emergency services and water damage mitigation
- Basement flooding cleanup
- Water removal services
- Ceiling repairs from water damages
- Flood restoration
If you have experienced any kind of water intrusion, don’t risk hidden or secondary damage. Contact SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at (860) 887-0447 for more information.
When Fire Strikes What Cleaning Products Can Help Norwich Homeowners?
When you have fire and smoke damage restoration problems, SERVPRO is the team to call. We use the latest technology and equipment for any size fire.
SERVPRO Knows the Right Cleaners to Use in Norwich Homes with Fire Damage
Restoring the content of your home after a fire is the goal of SERVPRO. Our technicians are trained and experienced to know which cleaning agents are best for specific materials.
Cleaning Products for Content Cleaning
If you have fire damage in your Norwich home, you may be wondering what we can salvage. We understand your concerns and do our best to restore the content of your home. Restoring your home is more cost-effective than replacing items. Here are some of the cleaning products we use to ensure that happens:
- Dry Cleaning Solvents – This is petroleum-based and works with our Ultimate Dry Cleaning Machine. It gets used to clean dry clean fabrics and drapes used for light soiling.
- Volatile Dry Cleaning – This cleaning agent evaporates rapidly and does not leave a residue behind. They are excellent for spot cleaning. They are used to remove smoke residue.
- Wood Oil Soaps – These mild detergents contain no harsh alkalis. They are great for removing light soot residue and are perfect for cleaning wood surfaces.
- Furnisher Polishes – All-purpose wax polishes clean, polish, and protect wood surfaces.
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners – SERVPRO uses several products in this category.
If you need help with fire and smoke damage, contact SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at (860) 887-0047. We provide professional fire damage restoration and house fire clean-up.
Never Wait to Mitigate Mold Damage in Your Norwich Commercial Building
Mold damage is not conducive for business. SERVPRO techs are trained and experienced in all phases of mold remediation.
As Mold Damage Festers, the Bigger Your Black Mold Damage Repairs in Norwich Will Be – Call SERVPRO for the Task!
Any number of events could lead up to mold growth in your Norwich commercial space. Due to the potential health effects and the onset of costly damage, you must address mold concerns as soon as they come up. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians ready and able to handle all of your mold remediation and restoration needs. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, helping you to ensure your business sees little or no downtime during the cleanup process.
Understanding mold damage in Norwich is critical for safe, effective removal and repair. SERVPRO follows careful protocols and utilizes proven methods to ensure safe mold remediation.
Do I Need to Hire a Mold Inspector?
Should you suspect mold growing anywhere on your business property, a mold inspection will determine the cause and scope of the problem. Samples get taken, and walls might get opened to get a clear picture of how to proceed. Some of the areas where mold might be present include:
- Behind removable panels, stationary furnishings, and removable panels
- Above ceiling tiles where there is a leaking roof or pipes
- Underneath carpeting, carpet padding, or porous duct liners
- Near HVAC systems and drain pans
How Does Mold Remediation Work?
Once a mold issue gets confirmed, mold removal begins to restore your commercial property to normal again. During this process, SERVPRO may:
- Remove any water-damaged drywall or carpeting that has become infested beyond repair
- Fully dry, disinfect, and deodorize any furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, or carpeting impacted by mold
- Carefully vacuum using HEPA filtration to pull any lingering spores
Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at (860) 887-0447 when you require commercial mold damage restoration!
Willimantic Commercial Properties Require Prompt, Efficient Storm Damage Cleanup
Storm damage to your commercial building is bad for business. Call SERVPRO and we will be onsite within 4 hours of the initial call.
SERVPRO is On-Call 24/7 for Storm Damage and Water Removal Services in Willimantic, CT!
Once your Willimantic production facility gets damaged during a storm, you may question the best way to proceed with water damage remediation. The extent of the damage determines which steps to take, which may be beyond the amount your cleaning crew can handle. SERVPRO has the Green Fleet on standby and ready to go whenever you need emergency services water damage assistance.
Our skilled technicians understand best practices for handling storm damage in Willimantic, so we always work using tried and true methods. Some of the actions our water restoration technicians (WRT) may take during your project include:
- Extraction of excess water – Removal of standing water can be deceptive from a DIY standpoint. SERVPRO has industrial-grade pumps and extractors made to address hundreds to thousands of gallons of water, including storm debris.
- Removal of saturated materials – Floodwater dampened building materials are at high risk of mold development. Unsalvageable and heavily contaminated materials get removed and replaced with brand-new materials, as needed.
- Drying and total restoration – Drying the interior of your commercial space while dehumidifying helps to restore relative humidity. SERVPRO adjusts our equipment as we go to achieve our drying goals quickly. Our advanced moisture detection tools also allow us to eliminate the possibility of hidden moisture getting left behind.
- Sanitization and deodorizing – Whether your production facility suffered from an influx of groundwater or a leaking roof from storms, there is always the potential for musty odors and microbial growth without careful attention. We have a broad spectrum of cleaners and deodorants to choose from that ensure your commercial space is CERTIFIED: SERVPRO Cleaned when we finish your project.
Water cleanup and storm damage restoration are areas where SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County thrives. Call us at (860) 887-0447 to have a crew dispatched to your location!
SERVPRO Can Help Eliminate Odors After Fire Damage to Your Willimantic Restaurant
SERVPRO provides rapid fire and smoke damage remediation to Willimantic restaurants and other commercial establishments
Willimantic Eateries Trust SERVPRO for Fire Damage Restoration
Restaurant fires often involve smoke and soot residue, which leaves a lingering odor that can be very off-putting for your patrons. Combating odors is a major part of SERVPRO’s restoration plan after fire damage to your Willimantic eatery.
SERVPRO technicians understand that they need to use multiple techniques for effective deodorization after fire damage to your Willimantic establishment. Various scientific principles are used to eliminate odor-causing particles generated after smoke damage. In some cases, using a pleasant-smelling masking agent can eliminate the odor. However, in some instances where protein residue and wet smoke are involved, the odor-causing molecule must be chemically neutralized to render it odorless.
Deodorizing equipment that SERVPRO Uses During Fire Restoration of Your Willimantic Eatery
Some of the most effective deodorizing equipment that SERVPRO techs use in Willimantic include-
- Photocatalytic Oxidizer- It works on the principle of photocatalytic reaction brought about by UV light. The oxidizer consists of a lamp that shines UV light on a surface coated with titanium oxide. The UV light causes a reaction, thereby releasing Hydroxyl radicals that react with odor-causing molecules and convert them to carbon dioxide and water. It can neutralize odor-causing particles that are very small (in the nanometer range)
- Air scrubbers- use High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters to trap odor-causing particles as small as 0.3 microns. The air scrubbers also contain potassium permanganate and charcoal filters that adsorb many gasses and odors and trap them.
Let’s make your restaurant pleasant and safe for your customers. Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at (860) 887-0447 for any questions or queries.
Do You Need Professional Help After Water Damage to Your Norwich Commercial Property?
Call SERVPRO for Commercial Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration for Your Norwich Business
SERVPRO Can Save Norwich Entrepreneurs Time and Money in Water Damage Restoration
Water damage to your Norwich commercial space can have a lasting impact if not addressed promptly. Professional restorers like SERVPRO have the necessary experience, training, and equipment to limit the damage and save your business both time and money.
SERVPRO experts use a scientific and systematic approach to mitigate water damage to your Norwich commercial space. Our IICRC certified crew devises a strategy of water cleanup, keeping the unique needs of your business in mind. Our goal is to ensure that restoration happens as quickly and efficiently as possible and get your business back in order in no time.
How do SERVPRO Techs Categorize Water-Damaged Environments During Water Cleanup from Your Norwich Commercial Space?
SERVPRO designates water-damaged environments at your Norwich property into four classes-
- Class 1- Least amount of absorption and evaporation load. The wet area where water has intruded represents less than 5% of the total available space. Such an environment can be dried by SERVPRO experts quickly during water restoration.
- Class 2- Significant water intrusion and evaporation load. The wet, porous materials represent between 5-40% of the available area. Such areas require the use of equipment such as dehumidifiers and air movers to increase evaporation. This may take several days depending on the layout of the structure.
- Class 3- The greatest amount of water absorption and evaporation load. Water has intruded in over 40% of the total available area. SERVPRO techs use their knowledge of material science and psychrometry to create conditions favoring rapid evaporation by manipulating air temperature and humidity.
- Class 4- Represents deeply bounded water that absorbed in low evaporation material such as wood and concrete. Such areas take the most time to dry.
Our goal is to keep your enterprise functioning. Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at (860) 887-0447 for fast and reliable service.
Common Homeowner's Insurance Mistakes
Photo by David Veksler via Upsplash
Your home is likely the biggest investment you will make. Is it properly insured? Making insurance mistakes can be costly. Your claim could be denied, which can be a surprise if you think your covered and you’re not.
Underinsuring your home
It is a common thought to purchase the least amount of coverage in order to save money. Don’t just buy enough insure to cover your mortgage, buy enough to completely rebuild your home if necessary
Overestimating the amount of insurance coverage you have
Insurance policies are complex documents, that we often don’t always read all the way through, resulting in not really knowing what is or isn’t covered. Ask your agent to summarize your policy for you and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Sticking with the basics
Generally speaking, most policies protect from tornadoes, lightning, fire and hail. Typically, they won’t cover floods, earthquakes or hurricanes, sewage back-ups or mold. Depending where you live, you may need to add on coverage
Setting your deductible too high or too low
While we are trying to save money, setting your deductible too high or too low usually backfires. With too low of a deductible, we pay more when something goes wrong. Too high and end up with larger premium payments. Experts suggest deductibles at $500 or $1000
Are you dealing with a water, wind, fire or mold issue in your home? Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at 860-887-0447. Our trained technicians will make it "Like it never even happened."
Common Hot Water Heater Problems
Water heater burst? Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at 860-887-0447
Over the past few months, SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County has been called for a record amount of flooded basements due to issues with hot water heaters. The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety puts faulty hot water heaters in the top five causes for water damages in the home, and report that 75% of hot water heaters fail before they are twelve years old. There are three main reasons for your hot water heater to burst:
1) Sediment Build UP
Over time, sediment settles at the bottom of your hot water heater. This mineral layer insulates the water from the burner, forcing it to run longer to heat the water, causing it to overheat and deteriorate the tank
2) Rust Corroding the Tank
Inside your tank is a internal rust protection element, the anode rod. This rod should be inspected for deterioration. It is recommended to inspect the rod every two years and expect to change it once every 4-5 years.
3) Too Much Internal Pressure
Pressure builds in your tank when you set the temperature too high (over 140 degrees). Its best to keep water temperature set to 120-125 degrees. While your heater has a temperature and pressure relief valve, your extra pressure will still wear out your tank faster.
Is your basement flooded due to a water heater issue? Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at 860-887-0447. Our experienced crews are available 24/7 to help!
Mold or Mildew?
Mold? Mildew? Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County today at 860-887-0447
Mold and mildew are very similar microscopic organisms that thrive on organic matter in moist, warm, dark environments. While they both can carry a strong, musty odor, there are some visible differences that will help you identify which you are seeing in your home.
Mildew is often found on damp surfaces, like basement or bathroom walls, but can also be found growing on plants, soil, or any surface that offers moisture, darkness and heat. Mildew commonly presents itself with smaller, smooth surface growth that is white or gray in color. Mildew is often easily treatable with store bought cleaners
Mold is most commonly found on food. It presents as black, blue, red or green with multi-cellular filaments which appear to have texture. Mold spores spread through the air and will attach and grow on any organic surface in a moist area, such as damp clothing, floors and furniture. When mold is visible, it is a sign of a much larger infestation. Mold requires professional treatment in order to protect your home and health.
Do you need help with mold issues in your home? Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at 860-887-0447 to schedule an estimate with one of our trained experts.
Common Plumbing Problems During Rain
Photo by Reza Shayestehpour via Upsplash
Homeowners need to be prepared for potential plumbing issues during heavy rainfall. Below are the four most common issues during heavy rains
Flooding Due to Lack of Drainage
Heavy rain will cause water to accumulate in low points of a yard. If your property does not correctly channel rainwater, your driveway, basement steps or walkways may flood. This flooding can comprise the stability of your driveway, deck or foundation of your home.
Clogged and Blocked Drains
Debris brought in by heavy rain, like leaves, soil, sticks and trash might get into your sewer system and cause your drains to clog, backing up your entire system. When you notice water pooling in your sink, shower or bathtub this may be a blockage in your plumbing system.
Sewage Backing Up Due to Clogged Drains
When heavy rains fall, there can be an impact on your sewer line. The sewer line carries wastewater from your home to the sewer line, but if it is backed up that dirty water could accumulate over your clogged drains or the build up might even cause pipes to crack or burst
Pipes Bursting and Cracking from Blockages
If you notice that your sink water is colored or carries a mildewy odor you might have a cracked or broken pipe. When rainwater pools and has nowhere to go, it puts pressure on your pipes and cause they to break, especially if the pipes old or damaged.
Water or Sewage back up in your home? Don’t panic! Call SERVPRO of Norwich and Windham County at 860-887-0447. Our trained technicians are available 24/7 to make it “Like it never even happened.”